Thursday 22 April 2010

Question2: How does your media product represent particular social groups?

For my magazine, i wanted to challenge all of the negative stereotypes that i believe that folk magazines and the genre are burdoned with. I believe that there are stereotypes that folk music is boring, for old people is generally only popular in the countryside. To challenge this, i chose to feature a young folk singer who is bringing a new edge to the folk scene so that i could attempt to shake off the negative stereotypes. Also, the colours, language and images seem young and fresh which further challenge the negative stereotypes. the only negative stereotype that i have used unconciously is that i have made my magazine male dominated, which the genre is which seems to have made my product not as accessible to girls as it is to boys so this is why i tried to make my colour scheme more neutral and attractive to girls.




No comments:

Post a Comment